Treatment Plant Supervisor
Isaac Regional Council
An exciting opportunity exists for a permanent full time Systems Officer in our Corporate, Governance & Financial Services Department based in Moranbah. Reporting to the Team Leader Systems this position is responsible for supporting digital information and communication systems across Isaac Regional Council.
The Treatment Plant Supervisor (South) has responsibility to provide effective day to day supervision of Isaac Regional Council’s Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants, bulk storage dams and raw water sources where relevant with a strong focus on safety, quality and environmental legislative compliance and reporting.
For this position we offer:
- Base Salary $78,631.82 per annum (Level 5 – Stream A)
- Nominally 36.25 hours per week
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading
- 12% super (in accordance with policy)
- Fortnightly RDO’s in accordance with Council policy
We are seeking an enthusiastic Systems Officer who possesses:
- Certificate III in Water Industry Operations (both water and wastewater disciplines is preferred).
- Accredited qualification in Supervision/Leadership
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in the operation of water and wastewater treatment plants
- Construction Induction Safety Induction (white) card
- The role requires the possession of a current C Class Open Australian Drivers Licence
- Tertiary qualifications within IT, Business and/or Accounting or related field and or experience in a similar role
- Three (3) years relevant experience in in a similar role
- Demonstrated capability in developing positive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
What it’s like to work with us:
As a progressive employer of choice, we know that flexible work arrangements, employee benefits and workplace recognition is important to our people and we strive to deliver a team culture where staff feel valued and accommodated. Now is the time to join our team!
The Isaac region offers residents the ultimate in both ‘tree’ and ‘sea’-change lifestyles. The region’s towns are vibrant, friendly country communities boasting modern and convenient services with plenty to see and do. Families value the region as a great place to raise children in a safe and secure environment; one that the people from all generations flock to. It is this connectivity and community spirit which continues to contribute to the region’s quality of life.
Join our Team:
For more details on this position, please contact the Manager Operations & Maintenance during business hours: Stephen Wagner: 0448 718 721 or email email@example.com
How to Apply:
Please express your interest by submitting a current resume and a cover letter, including:
- Why you believe you could fulfil this role (skills/ qualifications/ experience);
- Demonstrated familiarity with the role or similar;
- Motivation to apply for the position.
Applications close: Sunday 7 March 2021
IRC has the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date.
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: