Executive Assistant To The Ceo
Careers at Council
Work Type: Full Time, Fixed Term 12 months
Department: CEO'S Office
Salary: QLGIA Stream A, Level 4 – 5: $76,451.69 – $86,096.23 plus 9.5% Superannuation
Are you an experienced Executive Assistant looking for a rewarding challenge where no two days are the same?
Central Highlands Regional Council is focused on continuous improvement and investing in its people. As a result, we are looking for a highly motivated and proactive Executive Assistant to support our Chief Executive Officer for a 12 month fixed term contract whilst our current EA embarks on a new challenge.
Your expertise and your ability to plan, coordinate and adjust to changing priorities will be highly valued. Working with us, you will provide high level support to the CEO including:
- Overseeing and managing appointments, meetings and requests
- Preparing confidential reports, meeting agendas and minutes
- Undertaking research and providing ad-hoc project management support
- Working in collaboration with the Mayor’s and Executive Leadership Team’s Executive Assistants to support the council and its operations
- Providing leadership and mentoring to the Administration Assistant who supports you
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to possess:
- Significant experience in assisting an Executive Leader within a large, complex organisation
- A flexible and resourceful approach and a positive attitude to competing priorities and requests
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Word and PowerPoint to prepare high quality reports and presentations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to draft responses and reports on behalf of a Senior Executive
- A respectful and considered approach to confidential and sensitive information
If you are interested in becoming a valued member of a Central Highland Regional Council’s CEO’s team who are committed to making positive to our region, then we’d like to hear from you.
Working for Central Highlands Region has its benefits.
- An attractive remuneration package
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Corporate uniforms provided
- Salary sacrificing options available
- Choice of 9 day fortnight or a 19 day month
To apply for this position:
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
Please download and review the position description.
To be considered for this position, please include the following documents:
- A cover letter outlining your motivation for applying for this position
- Your resume detailing your career history relevant for this position.
Applicants who meet the mandatory requirements listed in the position description will be sent a video assessment to complete by the 5th March with interviews scheduled to take place on the 11th March 2021.
Please note our recruitment process includes the following pre-employment checks:
To be appointed to a position within the Central Highlands Regional Council, you must be an Australian citizen, or have permanent residency status, or hold a visa permitting you to work in Australia permanently.
The pre-employment checks relevant to this position include:
- Right to Work in Australia
- Medical assessment including drug and alcohol testing
- Reference checks
- Criminal History check
For a confidential discussion, please contact Tarnya Lowe on 07 4922 7277 or register your application by submitting your cover letter and resume.
Applications Close: 12 noon, 3rd March 2021
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: