Isaac Regional Council
Isaac Regional Council (IRC) is seeking a highly analytical and skilled Internal Auditor to join our team for a fixed term (2 year) full time position, based in Moranbah.
Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for conducting internal audits in accordance with the ‘IRC Annual Internal Audit Plan’ and provide expert advice and reporting on risks within Council and ensuring they are being managed to an acceptable level.
This position will have direct access with the Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee and will be a key role in driving business improvement across the organisation.
For this position we offer:
- Base Salary $99,389.25 - $111,000.35 per annum + allowances (Stream A - Level 8)
- Fixed Term – 2-year position
- Limited Private Use Vehicle
- Subsidised Housing - $80 per week
- Nominally 72.5 hours per fortnight
- RDO in accordance with Council Policy
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading pro rata
- 12% super (in accordance with policy)
We are seeking an experienced internal auditor who has a solid understanding of statutory requirements, corporate governance and excels in providing detailed analysis and data. Candidates will be required to have excellent relationship building skills, high levels of attention to detail and experience with conducting internal investigations.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Business Management or a related field and/or demonstrated experience (5+ years) in a similar position;
- Experience in the professional application of governance, control frameworks, evidence based operational assessments, audit standards, audit concepts, compliance reviews, recommendations and reporting on effective risk management;
- Effective high-level communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of IRC and representatives of the Queensland Audit Office and External Auditor;
- Experience in Project Management with the ability to implement programs, policies and procedures;
- Local Government experience is desirable.
What it’s like to work with us:
As a progressive employer of choice, we know that flexible work arrangements, employee benefits and workplace recognition is important to our people and we strive to deliver a team culture where staff feel valued and accommodated. Now is the time to join our team!
The Isaac region offers residents the ultimate in both ‘tree’ and ‘sea’-change lifestyles. The region’s towns are vibrant, friendly country communities boasting modern and convenient services with plenty to see and do. Families value the region as a great place to raise children in a safe and secure environment; one that the people from all generations flock to. It is this connectivity and community spirit which continues to contribute to the region’s quality of life.
Join our team:
For more details on this position, please contact the Manager Governance and Corporate Services during business hours: Liza Perrett 07 4846 3385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit your application – Please click 'Apply Here' and follow the steps to express your interest by submitting a current resume and a cover letter, including:
- Why you believe you could fulfil this role (skills/ qualifications/ experience);
- Demonstrated familiarity with the role or similar;
- Motivation to apply for the position.
Applications close: Sunday 21 March 2021
IRC has the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date.
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: