Assistant Manager - Central Highlands Qld Cattle Property
DROVER AG RECRUITMENT
Seeking an aspiring or experienced Assistant manager passionate about the cattle industry and enjoys working horses and dogs.Seeking an aspiring or experienced Assistant manager passionate about the cattle industry and enjoys working horses and dogs, career progression available for the right people.
Our client is in the Bauhinia District of Central QLD on a property spanning 15,000 acres and running 3,000 head of mainly fattening and backgrounding cattle. Our client has a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring or experienced Assistant Manager to join their successful and secure team. You will report directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for all aspects relating to the Property.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain to a high standard all fencing and water infrastructure.
- Mustering cattle on horseback only.
- Help muster on neighbouring breeding property when required.
- General station maintenance.
- Submit monthly cattle reporting.
- Ability to inspire and support the business's passion for Workplace Health & Safety
What you will need to succeed -
- A high level of stock competency is required as well as a thorough knowledge of cattle husbandry.
- Able to work your own work dogs.
- Experience with weaning procedures.
- Bring a sense of involvement, ownership and real purpose to the position and the team.
- Effective written and verbal communications is essential.
- Be well presented, trustworthy and respectful.
- Show initiative and pride in yourself and your work. MR Licence.
- Mechanical & welding skills is an advantage.
- Advancement within the company is encouraged.
- Happy to keep house surrounds neat and tidy.
- This job comes with a fair degree of autonomy.
What you will be offered -
- Attractive Salary package
- Modern 3-bedroom air-conditioned house
- Part-time work for your partner inhouse as well as outside in the district
- Own work vehicle
- Accommodation for horses
- Working dogs allowed
You will have access to a great Primary School and a School bus 14 kms away. Camp drafting/polocrosse/pony clubs available
To apply, please submit an up-to-date resume along with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in this role and the contact details of a minimum three references that we can contact.
Applications without a detailed cover letter will not be considered.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: