With strong leadership and an ability to drive excellence through the commitment of our people, Ventia aims to provide an unrivalled opportunity for our people to develop their careers in a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment that values work-life balance and diversity.
Ventia's facilities management solutions enables our clients across a broad range of sectors to focus on their core business. We provide facility management services including; building and open space maintenance, operations, asset management, project management and delivery services.
Anglo American is a leading global mining company with a portfolio of world-class coal mining operations and undeveloped resources. Anglo American produces and exports the highest quality hard coking coal around the world to be used for steel production for critical building and infrastructure. Ventia has been engaged to provide Hard and Soft FM services including village maintenance and accommodation to a number of Anglo American sites across the Bowen Basin.
We are currently recruiting for a SHEQ Officer based in Moranbah who will be responsible for the delivery of SHEQ requirements across site. You will play a key role across 3 areas including Compliance, Training and Advisory which will ensure that we are operating and delivering on contractual, business and operational standards.
Key responsibilities will include
- Manage and maintain all SHEQ systems including compliance reporting and monitoring
- Ensuring risk assessments and risk registers are maintained and all records are managed in accordance with Company requirements
- Allocate and maintain roles and competencies to individuals that are required by the program of works
- Support investigations in relation to safety related incidents or issues
- Ensure compliance across all SHEQ policies and procedures
- Ensuring that the Ventia “Critical Risk Protocols” are embedded in the project through Leaders
- Promoting the participation of all people in achieving a safe workplace with zero impact on the environment
- Develop and deliver safety related training and records when required including new starter and contractor induction, toolbox talks and pre-start meetings
- Strong and proficient in all Microsoft suite applications
- Experience with contractor management compliance systems
- Tertiary Qualification in Workplace / Occupation Health and Safety, Environmental or Quality Equivalent
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated experience in safety / environment / quality or relevant industry role
- Detailed knowledge of SHEQ legislation, regulatory requirements and ISO standards within a utility or infrastructure project environment
- Ability to develop and execute strategies to ensure compliance, minimise risk and drive continuous improvement.
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: