Emergency Services Officer
Location: Blackwater, QLD, 4717
About the Business
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal our people are our most valuable asset and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations.
Yarrabee Coal Company a wholly owned subsidiary of Yancoal Australia, based in Blackwater Queensland, 2 hours drive west of Rockhampton. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Optimisation Analyst to join our dynamic team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Occupational Health Advisor, you will be a part of a dynamic and motivated team. The role will require you to support the site in emergency preparedness, planning and response including responding to site emergencies and maintaining all equipment in a state of operational readiness. To support injured workers through providing first response medical services and injury management.
This position may require work outside of the key accountabilities for time to time to support the HST team and planned projects. This position is critical in supporting the site in delivering innovative training that ensures workers skills and competencies are not only maintained but enhanced.
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue (mandatory)
- Cert IV in Pre-hospital health Care (mandatory)
- Provide pain management competencies (mandatory)
- Basic and advanced resuscitation competencies (mandatory)
- Basic and advanced first aid competencies (mandatory)
- Cert IV TAE trainer and assessor for site (desirable)
- Drug and alcohol testers for site (desirable)
- RII305A surface license to drive on mine site (desirable)
- Generic Surface Induction (Standard 11) (desirable)
- Current Qld Driver’s licence (mandatory)
- Previous experience in a multiskilled emergency rescue and medical emergency role
- Previous experience in emergency management within mining or heavy industry environment
- Experience in providing emergency care and providing pain management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated basic computer literacy (Microsoft suite) combined with the ability to quickly pick up new software programs
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan, coordinate and manage competing priorities within set deadlines
- Able to successfully work in a team environment
- Sound understanding of their individual obligations as outlined in the Queensland Coal Mining legislation
- Sound understanding of risk awareness, hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety performance
- Strong knowledge of emergency management, emergency response teams and injury management
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible wages employees:
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
- Local Housing Allowance
- Local Sporting Allowance
If you would like to apply for this role please click the Apply button.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
Applications close 14 May 2021.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: